TopSpec AntiLam, and TopChop Lite
TopSpec AntiLam provides highly effective nutritional support for horses and ponies prone to, being treated for, or recovering from laminitis. Most overweight ponies, and some overweight horses, are susceptible to laminitis.
TopSpec AntiLam is a pelleted product, it looks like a balancer, is fed at the same rate as a balancer, but it is not a balancer. AntiLam is in fact a brilliant formulation combining several supplements with a high-fibre, very low-calorie carrier to make it palatable.
Long-term trials at the TopSpec Middle Park Farm Laminitis Research Unit have shown that horses and ponies on restricted/poor grazing do not gain any additional weight when fed TopSpec AntiLam.
It can also be used very successfully as part of a calorie-controlled diet when weight loss is required.
This unique multi-supplement is so palatable that it can be fed out of the hand to horses and ponies at pasture to provide vital nutritional support.
TopSpec AntiLam should be fed on its own with forage. The forage can be in the form of late-cut hay, unmolassed chops such as TopChop Lite, or controlled grazing, or a combination of these, depending on the individual circumstances.
TopChop Lite is an unmolassed, natural product made from alfalfa, oat straw, a light dressing of soya oil and real mint. It is ideal for good doers that need their weight controlling.
TopChop Lite Features:
- Made from high temperature dried British alfalfa and high quality chopped oat straw with added real mint to improve palatability. Very lightly dressed with soya oil so that alfalfa leaves can be included in the chop.
- Contains no molasses or any other sugar coating.
- Exceptionally low in sugar and starch (including fructans).
- The alfalfa provides a natural source of anti-oxidants.
- Contains no preservatives or artificial additives or colourings.
- Non-GM formula.
TopChop Lite is of similar nutritional value to average quality hay but contains less sugar. The composition and consistency of this product make it ideal for horses and ponies prone to, being treated for, and recovering from laminitis. However it is suitable for all horses and ponies and perfect for good-doers and others prone to weight gain.